We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I ate entirely too much! I do have to say that being pregnant around the holidays rocks and I had to refrain from saying how thankful I am for maternity pants while sitting around the dinner table. Laila absolutely loved her Thanksgiving dinner and had turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, and green beans. She sat in her high chair in just her diaper because I thought it was going to be a mess because I just let her have at it, but she ate so carefully and everything pretty much ended up in her mouth! She even shared pumpkin pie and vanilla ice cream with me for dessert! Holidays are so fun this year!
My brother's girlfriend Stefani took some pictures of us for our Christmas card that's being put in the mail tomorrow :) I found this maternity shirt that's just perfect...It says "Tis the Season to be Pregnant". It sure is!
Sorry for the blurry pic, but I had to post a pic of my little poser! Merry and Bright describes her just perfectly! Laila Bug is 16 months old TODAY and we have some HUGE NEWS! We finally have a walker!!!!! Woo Hoo! She's been walking now for a couple of weeks, but the last couple of days she's made huge progress and surprised me this morning when she just came strolling into the kitchen saying, "Mama! Mama!" She's turning into a little girl so quickly! I think her lack of hair, and until a couple of weeks ago lack of mobility had me fooled into thinking she was still my little baby! She is the sweetest, goofiest, silliest little girl I know, and my heart just about bursts when I think of how good of a big sissy she will be in just 2-1/2 weeks!
On Saturday we braved the extremely cold temperatures (and by that I mean it was 23 degrees and a wind chill in the single digits) to get our Christmas tree with my brother and his girlfriend out at Stoney Ridge where we got our pumpkins this year! So the tree is up and decorated complete with his and her booties courtesy of my parents and of course we kept the tradition of cutting off the bottom of our tree and writing on it :)
Laila loves the tree. We put all of our soft non breakable ornaments where she could reach them and she spends all kind of time taking them off and trying to put them back on. We even found her lovey and a couple of paci's in the tree...I guess she wanted to add her own flair :)
As far as Mr. Camden is concerned, I had a doctors appointment today and he's still sideways with his head in my right hip and his knees/legs in my left ribs. I guess you could say I'm wearing him like a sash these days! He's a busy strong little guy and I can't wait to meet him...which could be sooner than later! I am already 1 CM dilated and 70% effaced! I don't know why, but the 16th has been stuck in my head the whole pregnancy...so maybe he will come a little early.
How Far Along: 36 Weeks, 2 Days
Weight Gain: 35 lbs
Gender: BOY
Craving: Ok this is totally bizarre but the only thing I'm craving these days and absolutely cannot get enough of is ice chips. Our freezer doesn't have an ice maker so I am literally breaking up ice cubes and eating them with a spoon. Something about the cold and the crunch...I don't know. Weird. Oh, and I may have brownies baking in the oven right now...at 10pm ;)
Maternity Clothes: Are getting limited. Growing out of maternity clothes is getting a little old to say the least...
Getting Our Lives Ready: Just got a lot more urgent! I haven't even packed my hospital bag and we haven't installed the car seat yet...or decided even if we are going to get a new one! The new monitor sits in the box and Camden's room is filled with empty Christmas decoration boxes and laundry that needs folding...Better get on it since he could come any day now!
Feeling: Stressed! We have a lot to get done in the next couple of weeks while still making sure Laila has an amazing Christmas season.
I'll try to blog a few more times before the big day, assuming it's going to be the 23rd as scheduled. If you don't already, you can follow me on Instagram (@amandajune888) because I'm a lot better at keeping that up to date, and we will post pics of our little guy and family of 4 there before I get a chance to blog about Camden's Birth Day.
It's coming up fast! Yikes!
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment