Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Hello July!

Happy July everyone! This is one of my favorite months, as it sits right smack in the middle of summer. However, its been way too freakin hot up here in Lynden (like almost 90 everyday) and I don't think the temperature inside our house has dipped below 80 in a week...even overnight.
I have been a terrible blogger lately, and waiting way too long between posts! I feel like every time I step away for a few weeks its because something bad of stressful has happened but this time its all happy things to update on!

I've blogged a little in the past about my love for writing children's books and my dream someday of being published. When I started this blog my intention was to make my journey to publishing a main topic - hence the name Chasing Dreams and Catching Life. Well, the Catching Life part has taken a main focus as you know if you follow along but I'm ready to start focusing more on the Chasing Dreams part :)
I have picked up this book several times at Barnes & Noble and absolutely fell in love with the story and the way its written so I purchased it awhile back. I have a very similar writing style, but Caralyn Buhner is a fantastic author with writing that I strive to even come close to. I wrote her a message on her website letting her know how inspirational her writing has been to me and SHE WROTE ME BACK! Not just like a form letter or quick thank you note, but a long, thoughtful encouraging e-mail chocked full of advice for the writing and publishing world. I'm still so star-struck over the whole thing,

That correspondence has propelled me head first into trying to find a literary agent.
Which is waaaaaayyy more complicated than it sounds. You used to be able to send your manuscript to big publishing companies, but now you first have to seek representation which is just as hard to find as a publisher!

I sat down to type up the story I had selected to submit and while I was typing it out, I got another idea for a story. I switched to Microsoft Word and wrote it in about 15 minutes and its my absolute favorite thing I've ever written. So funny how that happens. So that new story is the one I'm trying to publish. I sent out my first 5 query letters yesterday to various literary agencies so we will see what happens! I keep telling myself that JK Rowling got rejected like 50 times before someone took an interest in Harry Potter (not that my writing is anything like Harry Potter, nor am I JK Rowling!).

Next on the list is we are like 99.9% sure we are moving! I know what you're thinking...didn't you just move? Friends of ours bought a home in Anacortes, so we are going to take over their rental! Its nearly impossible to find a house to rent in Anacortes so we are SO EXCITED. Its tricky getting out of our lease, and we just have to submit the rental application but we've spoken with the owners and it sounds like its all a go! We will be moving middle of August. I wish it was tomorrow!

On the home front things are really good! We are actually headed down to Anacortes to beat the heat and spend 4th of July weekend with family, friends and lots of fun. And because so much of Chasing Dreams and Catching Life has been devoted to the kiddos, here's some recent pics of the babes.

Have a wonderful 4th of July Weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment