Thursday, November 6, 2014

32 Weeks & A Vent

I am officially 8 months pregnant, and with that...I am officially freaking out! How is it even possible that I will have another baby...NEXT MONTH?!

 
How Far Along: 32 Weeks
Weight Gain: 29 lbs. I actually lost two pounds since my 30 week appointment. Definitely going to chalk that up to being so incredibly sick I ended up in the hospital a little over a week ago. And to make matters worse, I'm sick again with a cold and major sore throat making my appetite nearly non-existent.
Gender: BOY
Cravings: I wish I was having cravings and feeling better! All I'm craving these days is a really good night sleep.
Maternity Clothes: Two words...Over Them.
Looking Forward To: Kicking this cold and hopefully getting some energy back! Also it's my Birthday on Monday so hopefully I'll be feeling better by then!
Getting Our Lives Ready: We started doing some online Christmas shopping! We also scheduled the rest of our OB appointments (only 4 left!) and turned in our paperwork to the hospital! It's all coming down to the wire and happening so fast! Am I ready for this?!?!
Feeling: Anxious and Excited

Also, I'm going to vent a little and title my next little story as "Oh the Things People Say..."
I was feeling pretty down on myself a couple of days ago because I am literally growing out of my maternity clothes. I'm past that point of feeling kind of cute pregnant, and now I just feel humongous uncomfortable slob kabob pregnant. So Chris, Laila and I went to the mall so I could do a little shopping and get a few things to get me through the rest of my pregnancy. Chris was so sweet and took Laila to stroll around the mall so I could have some solo time to try on some clothes. But first I headed into Bath and Body Works to check out the new Winter candles and festive soaps because I'm getting pretty sick of pumpkin everything. Well I walk in and was checking out the Christmas table and a girl who works there and is their "greeter" comes up to me, does a huge over exaggerated double take at my belly and literally yells (yes yells), "WHOA!!! WHOA!!!!! YOU MUST BE DUE ANY DAY!" Not a friendly tone like, "Wow look at your cute belly!"...but a Holy SHIT are you going into labor RIGHT NOW?!" kind of tone. She called me out in front of an entire store and at least 5 other shoppers turned around to stare at me. I felt like I was in a bad dream and I literally froze. Being overly sensitive and extremely hormonal right now anyways, I could've burst into tears right then and there in front of everyone. But I didn't. I muttered, my face probably beet red, "I actually have about 7 weeks to go..." and just turned around and walked out. Of course after the fact I can think of about a hundred good come backs or things I should've said and didn't. But I'm not really like that anyways. Lets just say trying to find some semi-cute things to wear after that little comment was not fun. I know she wasn't trying to be mean, or embarrass me, but its little comments like that that feel soooo awful when you're pregnant. And let me tell ya, I'm no stranger to rude comments...especially dealing with Infertility and IVF when those thoughtless, rude, insensitive comments sting the worst. But come on. Chris was ready to march back in there when he saw how hurt my fragile feelings were, but we didn't. Also I cannot tell you how many times people have asked if I "planned" to have two so close together. I literally had a total complete stranger ask me if my pregnancy was an accident. Really??? Who says stuff like that? Anyways, enough venting and thanks for listening :) Gonna make like Taylor and Shake It OFF!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh let me spray that lady in the eyes with body spray! What a toad. I think pregnancy looks good on you. You and that belly are beautiful. I can't wait for Camden to get here to snuggle him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL awww thanks Lindsay! That visual made me laugh haha! I can't wait for him to get here either!

      Delete