Being a stay at home mom to two under two is hard. Every day brings new challenges, and trying to find a routine to balance it all has been tough. That being said...these last 8 weeks have been incredible. I am learning every day, and though it can get super stressful at times, I find myself smiling and laughing more that I ever have. Each day seems to run together with a newborn in the house, but my every day is filled with little moments of pure happiness that it blocks out all the other hard stuff and I go to bed each night thinking about those little moments rather than the big picture of pure chaos that has invaded my house. Its safe to say that we've fully embraced the chaos and it has become our new normal.
There was the little moment two nights ago when Camden smiled at Laila for the first time and the look of love on her face for her little brother was priceless. She looked at me with the biggest smile, pointed at his smiling face, then bent down and gave him the sloppiest kiss right on the lips.
Or the million times that I've changed Camden's diaper, and Laila is always right at my side wanting to help yelling, "UCKY!" over and over and laughing because it's the newest word she's learned.
Its the way Laila carries around her baby dolls now, gently patting their back and telling us to "shush" if we are talking too loud. Such a bossy little mommy.
Its the way Camden smells right now. That yummy newborn smell that I cannot get enough of and I know will go away way too soon.
Its the sound of Chris playing with the kids when he doesn't know I can hear him, laughing with Laila and talking to Cam so sweetly.
Its the little moments of alone time when I can actually take a shower and brush my teeth, then feel so proud of myself that there's some sense of normalcy to my day. Like I conquered the world because both kids are napping and I get to flip through a magazine with my feet up.
Like today when I got brave and took both kids to the grocery store for the first time. I was a proud mama with a basket full of kids and no place for groceries. If I could've high fived myself when I got everyone back in the car to go home, I would have ;)
And most of all, its most evenings when Chris and I are cuddled on the couch with Laila between us, and Cam in our arms and we look at each other and say, "Can you believe this?!"
We are so lucky. We are so blessed to have these little moments. Its so easy to get caught up in the craziness and feel like you don't have time to slow down and savor these times. I never want to forget the struggle we had to have a family because thinking about that struggle and how incredibly hard it was forces me slow down and savor these little moments. To not take a single one of these moments for granted. It's true what everyone says...It goes so fast. Too fast.



No comments:
Post a Comment