Friday, May 9, 2014

5 On Friday-Mother's Day Edition

I'm going to call this my Mother's Day Edition of 5 on Friday.

1. My Mom
I have the most amazing mother a daughter could ever dream of. She is the most kind hearted, funny, smart, encouraging, caring, warm, wonderful person. If I'm a fraction of the mom to Laila that she is to me, then I'm doing something very right. Nothing makes me happier, than to see Laila's face light up when she sees her Nana, because I know Laila is getting the most wonderful gift of knowing someone so special :)  I love you so much mom. I look up to you and admire you more than I could ever say :) I love you!
My beautiful mama and Laila :)
2. My Mom's Mom
My "Grandma Anderson" was one special lady who taught me so much about how to be kind, fun, and loving. She unfortunately passed away too young, but I cherish the memories I have of her. She is a large part of why my mom is so special, because she takes after her in so many ways. I wish so much she could've met Laila, but I know she's watching my goofy little girl from above.
My Grandma and me :)

3. Mommy Movies
I'm a huge fan of chick flicks and those funny "Mommy Movies" are my fav!
Top 3
1. Father of the Bride part II
2. The Back-Up Plan
3. Juno
I could go on and on, but you get the point ;)

4. Things I didn't Expect About Motherhood
There are so many things that people tell you when you're pregnant but you really just can't know what you're in for until you're in the trenches.

1. That I would be so head over heels in love with my baby that it's scary. It's really scary to love someone so much because you so fiercely want to protect them and nothing bad to ever ever happen to them. I knew I would love her, but it literally hurts I love that little girl so much! I would do anything for her without batting an eye, and that's a pretty amazing kind of love.

2. That at any given moment I would have spit up on my shirt, baby drool dried to my arms and face, and maybe a splatter of baby poop on my jeans and I couldn't care less! One of my "welcome to motherhood moments" I had after Laila was born was standing in line at the grocery store, realizing I hadn't washed my hair for like 4 days, wearing yoga pants with POOP on the thigh, no make-up, hair piled in a knot on top of my head, and smelling like spit up. I think I was just so happy to be out of the house, I didn't even stop to look in a mirror...well, that's obviously what happened!

3. That it really does go way too fast! I bet I had a hundred people tell me that when I was pregnant, but it couldn't be more true.

5. Dear Miss Laila Kate
I am the most blessed person on the face of the earth to get to call herself your mommy. You are one special, funny, sweet little girl who I love so much. You're growing up so fast, and I love watching you learn new things. Your smile kills me...you are my little ray of sunshine. I promise to continue to try to be the best mommy in the whole world to you, because that's what you deserve. I love you to the moon and back, boo boo!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment