Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Changes Are a Comin' - A Hodge Podge Post

My baby girl is officially on the move. No...she's not crawling. She has become the newest member of the Roller Girl club...Laila is log rolling all over the house! And man...she can MOVE! She gets her sights set on something she wants, starts rolling, stops, re-evaluates her angle, pivots, and keeps rolling to her destination. So stinking funny. She's so efficient, she's never going to crawl now! This morning she ended up under the recliner.
Which brings me to my next topic of baby-proofing. I'm so overwhelmed by the fact that I can't leave her even for a minute now, that I don't even know where to start with the baby proofing. What did you mamas do? One room at a time? Set up the baby-jail pack n' play for when you need to leave the room for a minute? I need some tips pronto, please and thank you ;)

My big girl is also mastering drinking from a sippy cup. I'm still giving her bottles of course, but she's doing really well at getting the hang of it. I think she just loves the apple juice reward when she gets it right ;)
Which brings me to my next topic. I am absolutely terrified giving Laila finger foods. She got a puff stuck on the back of her tongue on Mother's Day and it scared the crap outta me. Now I'm convinced anything solid I give her is going to choke her. Is this normal? I obviously know she needs her solids, and she normally does really well, but at the rate I'm going...she's going to be eating mashed peas on her 16th birthday! We're doing really well with toast, avocado, mashed potatoes etc but it literally gives me a heart attack at meal time. Any of you mamas experience this and have words of advice? Does it get better with time? Everything I give her is cut up in teeny tiny little pieces, but still...OOF.
This is the face I get at meal time when I give her something she loves...
My girl loves to eat.
 
I recently bought a nail polish that I'm OBSESSED with. I normally go for Essie polish, but I splurged a couple of weeks ago and purchased a bottle of Butter London polish in the color Molly Coddled. Love.
We were all set to take Laila to the Seattle Woodland Park Zoo tomorrow for the first time, but my poor husband is really really sick :( So we're not going, and probably try again next week.
 
I know I teased a couple of weeks ago about huge happenings here at the Raymor house, and I promise to spill it soon :)
 
Have a wonderful rest of your week!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment