Friday I had my 16 week appointment for baby #2. I was really needing to hear baby's heartbeat for some reassurance. I guess it all feels too good to be true sometimes...like it was just too easy this time around getting pregnant. I can't wait until I'm really feeling the baby kick instead of just tickles here and there. All is good, and baby is healthy and strong. Music to my ears :)
How Far Along: 16 Weeks
Weight Gain: 7 lbs
Gender: Getting close to finding out!!! Can't wait :) Still thinking BOY
Cravings: Last week I made a late night trip to Walgreens to pick up some pregnancy-safe congestion medication for a nasty cold. Walgreens happens to be next to a KFC. Keep in mind that we NEVER eat KFC, but I saw good ol Colonel Sanders and all of sudden I HAD TO HAVE MASHED POTATOES AND GRAVY RIGHT NOW!!!!! Out of nowhere, I had my biggest pregnancy craving yet...10:30 PM and this girl needed mashed potatoes and gravy...pregnancy is so weird. I decided to make my way into Walgreens first so I could eat my coveted taters at home. It was all I could think about as I stood in line at the pharmacy. I got my meds, jumped back into my car and proceeded to the drive-thru. As I waited for the guy to come over the loud speaker, I started contemplating going a little nuts, and maybe getting a biscuit too! I was practically drooling when I looked up to see a sign that said, CLOSED at 9PM. I kid you not...I could've cried. No mashed potatoes for this pregnant girl. I sulked my way home, and replayed the whole scenario for Chris (who looked at my like I'd lost my mind...which I have a little, I admit. Pregnancy Brain is a real thing!) and you know what he did? Made his hormonal, overly emotional, mashed potato craving wife a delicious plate of nachos at 11pm and acted like that was completely normal and ok. Totally justified. Now THAT'S a good man ;)
Maternity Clothes: Oh Yes
Looking Forward To: Finding out the gender!!!! Just a few weeks away!!!!!
NOT Looking Forward To: I honestly can't think of anything...
Getting Our Lives Ready: We have a busy few weeks coming up with family BBQs, Laila's first birthday bash, and other fun things planned :) Won't do much for the baby until we find out boy or girl. We did clean out our guest room/future nursery though, which got me very excited.
Feeling: More energetic and very blessed.



No comments:
Post a Comment