Sunday, July 6, 2014

14 Week Bumpdate and Other Things

Hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July! We sure did, even though it sure is different with a little one who goes to bed at 8pm... and you're left sitting on the couch cursing the neighbors who are making too much noise...annoyed because the babe keeps waking up....must mostly just jealous of their shenanigans.. and that this is the second summer in a row that I've been pregnant and can't down an ice cold beer to kick off the season...sigh. Just to make it perfectly clear though, I wouldn't trade places with anyone in the whole wide world.

To kick off Laila's first Independence Day we drove to Anacortes to catch the annual parade. I had been looking forward to this for quite some time. There were many years of attending the parade while trying to get pregnant, and daydreaming about what it would be like if we were lucky enough to someday bring our own baby to the parade. It was a great moment, and I may have even teared up watching Laila take it all in. She loved everything about it...the crowd, the noise, and especially  watching all the big kids run out to get candy! She'll be that big before I know it.


We drove back to Bellingham shortly after the parade because unfortunately Baby #2 has been kicking my butt lately. I was extremely tired and nauseas after our big morning. Lots of resting took place the rest of the day, and after Laila went to bed, this tired mama took a hot shower, poured a giant bowl of kettle corn I purchased at the parade, and sat my butt on the couch for a chick flick. Not gonna lie...it was pretty heavenly.

All in all we had a great week last week. My friend Melissa and her daughter Quinn came up for a pool playdate - which seeing both girls in their swimsuits was almost too cute to handle!
We also started a gymnastics class for 9-22 month olds called Little Gymmies...SO MUCH FUN! The gym has all the normal gymnastics equipment (balance beam, uneven bars, etc) but it's all downsized for little ones! We sang songs, played with bubbles, played under one of those giant parachutes, played on the equipment and even went on a zip line! Laila absolutely loved it, and so did I!

Which brings me to my 14 week Bumpdate!

How far along: 14 weeks
Weight gain: 6 lbs as of my last appt...haven't weighed myself lately.
Gender: Don't know yet...but I'm totally thinking BOY
Cravings: Mexican Food. Anything salty really...
Maternity clothes: Yes
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender so I can start getting the nursery ready.
NOT looking forward to: Cleaning out the junk closet that's in the new baby's room.
Getting our lives ready: We cleared out the old guest room today to make room for a crib, rocker, baby dresser etc!!! I just can't believe it...still.
Feeling: Like I'm back in the first trimester yuck...but can't keep this goofy smile off my face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment