Friday, April 18, 2014

5 on Friday

Easter weekend is here! Along with anxiously awaiting the Easter bunny's arrival, this weekend is also chalked full of activities from a going away party, to a baby shower, and we are hosting Easter at our house on Sunday which we are so excited about!
This chalkboard art is available for FREE at www.littlebabygarvin.blogspot.com
1. I've always been terrible at doing my hair. I think because I have crazy unruly naturally curly/frizzy hair. That paired with zero patience equals a messy bun pretty much every day. I recently learned how to curl my hair with a FLAT IRON! My beauty routine has been changed forever. I realize I'm way behind the curve on this, as I guess it's a pretty widely used method to get soft curls without looking like Shirley Temple. It takes me half the time it used to take straightening my hair, or curling it with a curling iron. Check out the results!
I'm also getting my hair cut and colored this morning...something I've done only once since Laila was born. I can't wait to just sit and relax for a couple of hours. Isn't getting your hair washed the best part?
 
 
2. Infertility Awareness Week is next week. Something near and dear to my heart. I continue to get e-mails from woman who are dealing with this gut wrenching issue. I love it and am happy to help in any way that I can...keep em coming! Gets me thinking of how important it is for woman to support one another! Whether it be infertility or any other issue.
 
3. Today I will say goodbye to my bestie Allyson for the summer as she leaves for Alaska tomorrow to go commercial fishing. She's crazy nervous about the work and the fact the whole thing will be put on display for everyone to watch on TV, as they will be filming all summer! Stop by her blog and tell her good luck! www.betweenseasandtrees.blogspot.com
 
4. My sweet Laila Bug is all about spreading the love these days. She's all about giving slobbery, drooly, wet kisses that consist of her getting the most serious look on her face, moving in slow mo, and planting a big wet kiss on your lips...with her tongue usually out. Then getting the BIGGEST smile on her face. She's trying to kiss everything these days, including the dog, cat and her toys.  It's the best thing ever, and you better believe I ask for her slobber kisses at least 10 times per day.
How cute is this Easter bunny frame from Pottery Barn?!
5. I'm helping to throw my good friend Annie's baby shower on Saturday to celebrate to upcoming arrival of her little man! Can't wait to celebrate that, and of course Easter on Sunday. I know Laila is too little to get the whole concept of the Easter bunny, but you better believe we will go on a hunt for her basket in the morning...even if she'll be wondering what the heck Mommy and Daddy are looking for as we walk around the house saying "where did the bunny leave your basket?!" haha
 
Happy Friday! Hope everyone has a wonderful end to their week!



No comments:

Post a Comment