Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend Recap

We had a wonderful Easter weekend :) We kicked off the festivities with a baby shower on Saturday afternoon for my friend Annie who is expecting a little boy in early June. We had a great turn-out and Annie looked gorgeous as usual :) Love celebrating good friends!
I found some beautiful fresh flowers from Trader Joe's for the table for a steal, and the tissue paper pom poms were made by my friend Lindsay, as well as the cake and the chocolate dipped pretzels!





I can't wait to meet her little man! Isn't her dress adorable? Our lunch menu consisted of croissant sandwiches, mango chicken curry pasta salad, caesar salad, fresh fruit, and ambrosia fruit salad. Desserts consisted of cake (of course), chocolate dipped pretzels, pastel M&Ms, and Cadbury Easter eggs. How perfect is Easter candy for a baby shower?!  It was a great afternoon, and we were so happy to celebrate Annie and her little man on the way.

The next morning was Easter and you better believe the Easter bunny arrived at our house bright and early! We hid Laila's basket and went on a "hunt" for it after her morning bottle. She was super stoked when she spotted her basket on top of the hutch in the dining room. We sat her down in the living room and let her explore her basket. She loved pulling everything out, and when it was all said and done...the bucket is her favorite thing she got - we've been turning it over and drumming away.


We hosted Easter dinner this year. It's been a really long time since I've cooked for anyone a large group! We had ham, mashed potatoes, western bean casserole, rolls, and some left over food from the shower :) Overall it was a great day, and a very happy first Easter for Laila  :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend as well!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo
    News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get
    there! Appreciate it

    My page - Schlüsselnotdienst Berlin

    ReplyDelete