Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Should've Knocked on Wood

If you follow along on my blog, my last post is all about our slow pace here at home. Not much going on. Peaceful and quiet days. In fact, it's been so uneventful I've even had blogger's block because I just didn't have much to say. Well, I should've knocked on wood.
This morning started like any other. We got Laila up, Chris got ready for work, gave his girls a kiss goodbye and walked out the front door...only to turn around, come back in, and say, "Where's my car?!" That's right folks. Someone stole our car. Right out of our driveway! My friend Allyson is staying with us for a couple of days, and she left for work before we got up so I rang her up and she said she thought maybe she saw Chris's car on the next block over but didn't think much of it. (There's another car in the neighborhood identical to ours). So Chris jumped in my car and went to check it out. It's our car all right. Only it's been completely ransacked. To make matters even worse...they still have the key to the car, the key to our house, and the key to Chris's shop and work van. To sum it all up...SCARY SHIT. So we promptly called the police because who knows if these guys used it as their get-away car to rob other people last night. I sure as hell didn't want the police to show up, guns blazing because they traced a get-away car back to our house. Sure enough...someone reported getting their car broken into and over $1,000 worth of stuff stolen right out of their car. PLUS, the police found some of our mail a block in a totally different direction.
So here I sit. No car to get around in (we only had one set of keys to the car). Locks locked. Home security armed. And completely paranoid and freaked out every time I hear a car drive by. It's not even about what was stolen. It's the fact that they stole my piece of mind. I live in a really quiet, nice family oriented neighborhood. Nothing ever happens around here. How dare they?! And now that I have a baby, it's even worse and my mama bear rage is dying to come out and give these thieves a piece of my mind.
So that's my rant for the day. In between taking care of Laila, calling around to make sure we get our locks changed, and running to the window every time a car drives by, or my dog barks- I just needed to vent.
Thanks for listening :) Hope you guys are having a better day than me! Oh, and next time you even think about how things have been so quiet and uneventful lately...make sure to knock on wood ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment