I know I said I was starting my weight loss plan a few weeks ago, but as I said in an earlier blog post, I've been battling a nasty sinus infection. So I got delayed. Staring at those Brazilian Butt DVDs as my (almost 6 month postpartum) butt sat on the couch was not fun. So this morning was my Day 1! Holy crap did I ever get my butt kicked! I chose the slim down calendar and schedule of DVDs; so today consisted of two workouts including an ab workout. I didn't realize how much strength I've lost in my core from pregnancy and my C-section. I have to say though, it felt amazing to workout and now I have so much energy!
I'm the type of person that needs visual motivation. I saw this great idea on Pinterest, and decided to try it for myself. These are just two small vases and some gardening marbles that I bought at Fred Meyer. When the pounds to lose are broken down like this, it doesn't seem so daunting. Even on weeks where I only lose one pound, it's still one more pound to my goal. Going, going...GONE!
Another thing I've been doing to keep me going is compiling a list of Why's. Why I want to reach my goal. It's something I can look at when I'm having a moment of weakness, or want to give up. Here's a short list of my Why's.
WHY
So my wedding rings will fit again
So Laila will have a healthy role model in me
So I can love how I look in pictures
So I can throw away my maternity clothes
So I can go on a shopping spree and love trying on clothes
So I can feel sexy again
So I can walk around at the pool in a bikini this summer and swim with Laila and not feel self conscious
Because I deserve to look and feel my very best
So I can inspire someone who happens to read my blog.
And the list goes on.
I will be doing weekly updates on my progress. Oooof, here we go!



No comments:
Post a Comment