Saturday, January 25, 2014

This and That

It's been so long since I have written any new posts! I've been suffering from a nasty sinus infection since Jan 1st that really wiped me out! Especially taking care of my little goofball all day long. During any down time all I wanted to do was lay on the couch, watch daytime TV, and maybe catch a nap!
Thankfully after two rounds of antibiotics I'm starting to feel like myself again. It has been absolutely beautiful here in Western Washington and the sun has been shining for the last three days! We took full advantage and went for a big walk yesterday. I finally got the chance to try Laila's sunglasses on her and she loved them! Silly girl. I'm hoping that she continues to like them to protect her eyes as she gets older. Of course, halfway through our walk, she succumbed to the movement of her stroller and the fresh air and fell asleep.

In writing news, I met with a girl that I used to work with, who is currently earning her degree at Western Washington University in English, and she invited me to the Children's Literature Conference that takes place March 1st. I can't wait! Four authors will be giving presentations: Nic Bishop, Jennifer Holm, Steve Sheinkin, and Laura Vaccaro Seeger. It will be so interesting and helpful to hear about their writing process, and the steps to take to become a published author.
I recently got started on a new story which is exciting since I've had the idea for at least 3 years, and every time I try to write it, it just never turns out quite right. So hopefully I can keep the ball rolling, and the pencil moving!

I just have to share a story of what happened last night when Chris, Laila and I went out to our favorite Mexican restaurant. A mariachi band plays there every Friday night, and it consists of 5 men with guitars, and violins who go around and play for you as you eat. Well they came around to our side of the restaurant and you would've thought Laila was a pre-teen who spotted One Direction. She couldn't stand up fast enough on my lap and as they were playing she was jumping, screaming, and laughing so loud everyone on our side of the restaurant was watching her instead of the band. It was absolutely hilarious, and probably one of the cutest moments we've had so far. She just couldn't get enough. I think Miss Laila might need a set of toy maracas.  She also got a big girl cup. (I didn't let her drink out of, of course).
And one other piece of randomness, I found the absolute best mascara I have ever ever ever tried! It's Benefit They're Real mascara. I'd heard good things about it, and saw that Macy's had them in sample sizes so I snagged one. It literally works like magic. My lashes have been so skimpy since having Laila, and after using it, they look so much thicker and longer. The only bad thing is it's pretty hard to get off.
Excuse the chipped nails
Well that's all the random this and thats I have lately. It's been pretty quiet and boring at the Raymor house since I've been sick. Have a fantastic Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment