Friday, January 31, 2014

Goodbye maternity clothes

Today Laila was a champion napper so I got so much done around the house which was great! I literally had a mountain of laundry to sort through, and after folding my 4th maternity shirt, and 3rd pair of maternity pants...I literally went nuts and did a whole closet overhaul. No more maternity clothes for this mama! When I started to tear apart my closet, I decided to be brutal with my choices of old clothes that I am keeping, but after going through them (not being able to wear them for the past year!) I felt like I was shopping, and didn't get rid of as much stuff as I thought. I did end up with a garbage bag full of throwaways, bag of clothes to donate, and TWO BAGS OF SHOES! I couldn't believe it. I sat and tried on every pair of shoes I own, and had to get rid of/donate almost every pair. My feet grew a size and a half with pregnancy which was a side effect I was not expecting. I started a size 8.5 and now I'm a size 10! I'm only 5'5" so yes, I have skies for feet now ;)
My giant pile of maternity clothes 
Looking at my emptier side of the closet now, I'm more inspired and motivated than ever to get my butt in shape and get some new clothes (and shoes). I've started compiling a list of things I can't wait to go and buy when I'm at my goal weight. I have wanted a pair of Hudson Jeans FOREVER so that will definitely be a fun purchase. More on my list in an upcoming blog :)

In writing news, I got an e-mail today from Pacific NW Fertility which is the clinic we used for IVF, and they have asked me to write our success story for their website, and possibly an upcoming newsletter. I am absolutely thrilled! I would hunt down success stories on the internet for hours when we were contemplating going through with IVF, and when we were in the middle of the whole process. It's so comforting to know that other woman out there have the same hopes and fears, and most importantly to know that it can work, it's so worth it! I'm hoping to link my blog to the article because I would love to answer any questions, or help support anyone I can who is going through it.

We are headed down to Chehalis, WA to my husband's family's house for the weekend to watch the Super Bowl. Here's to hoping I don't completely ruin my diet and can stay away from all the yummy (horrible for you) snacks that go along with Super Bowl Sunday.

                                                           GO SEAHAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment