Wednesday, October 22, 2014

30 Weeks

I had my 30 week appointment today and we are officially into the single digit countdown!!! 9 weeks to go! How is that even possible?! The time has absolutely flown by and I was in total disbelief as I sat and filled out my hospital paperwork for the big day. I am so excited and anxious to meet Camden! One thing that came up at my appointment was the horrible experience I had with my spinal anesthesia during my C-section with Laila. Not to scare anyone, but the spinal was waaaaaay to high and I was numb up to my eyebrows, which caused me to not be able to lift my arms to hold my sweet baby girl for hours after delivery, but my mouth, eyes, and throat were completely numb as well which made it hard to see, speak and caused major anxiety because I couldn't feel myself breathing. I was in recovery for approximately 5 hours instead of the usual 1 hour. My doctor suggested I have an anesthesia consult in the next couple of weeks to discuss my options, because I would hate to have a repeat experience. Yikes. Other than that, Cam and I checked out just fine and everything is right on track. The big day will be Dec 23rd unless I go into labor or my water breaks sooner :) SO EXCITED!

How Far Along: 30 Weeks
Weight Gain: 31 lbs....time to lay off the sweets :( Even though my doctor assured me today that the number doesn't really matter, and kindly told me I was looking great...I know how hard it is to lose it afterward. Even if it's so much fun to gain it during ;) Food just tastes so good!
Gender: Boy!
Cravings: I have had a MAJOR craving lately for Olive Garden salad. Mmmmmm
Maternity Clothes: Even my maternity clothes are getting a little tight!
Looking Forward To: Having my anesthesia consult, hoping that it eases my mind.
Getting Our Live's Ready: We have gotten so much done already! Last on the list is some online shopping for a baby monitor, another pack n play, and some other little random stuff but we are feeling so ready and excited! I would love to have all of my Christmas shopping done by Dec 1st too so we can just enjoy the last few weeks of being a family of 3...but we will see how that plan goes...
Feeling: Happy and Peaceful

No comments:

Post a Comment