It's been a pretty awful last few days around here, that included an overnight stay at the hospital in the ER and Labor & Delivery.
I started having stomach pains on Thursday morning along with a little bit of nausea. So I called my doctor, because the pains were awfully sharp on one side, and I googled "pain in abdomen, 32 weeks pregnant" and let me tell ya...a pregnant girl should NEVER google symptoms. Anyways, they took my symptoms, thought I was fine, and basically said rest and hydrate blah blah. So I actually was feeling a little better by Thursday evening. Well overnight was an entirely different story. I'll skip the gory details but it involved a LOT of trips to the bathroom, including some of the most terrible vomiting I've ever experienced. This is totally too much TMI, but if you've ever thrown up with a giant belly before, you know what I mean...your stomach muscles are pretty much non existent and it freaking hurts. So after a long sleepless night, and a long day of being sick on Friday, hardly being able to keep anything down including water...Chris drove me and Laila to Anacortes to stay with my parents because he had to work all weekend, and I couldn't take care of myself...let alone a 14 month old!
Friday night was even worse, and at 1:30am it was time to head to the hospital. Again, I'll spare the gory details but I can honestly not remember a time where I've ever been so incredibly sick. So my mom (who is amazing by the way) took me to the hospital. They saw me waddle in with my belly, and heard the words "abdominal pain" and I was swooped over to labor and delivery to make sure the baby was ok, and to make sure I wasn't in preterm labor. That was the best part of the whole experience. I got to lay in a surprisingly comfortable bed and listen to Camden's beautiful heartbeat for well over an hour! Pure bliss :) He is super healthy and I wasn't having any contractions thank goodness, so I was taken back to the ER. After blood work, and some other tests, they discovered I have a terrible urinary tract infection! I was shocked because I didn't have any of those classic symptoms! But apparently its extremely rare to have symptoms if you're pregnant so there's no way I could've known. Also, I have an intestinal virus and was extremely dehydrated (I wasn't surprised) so I got a lot of medicine in my IV, a ton of IV fluids, some antibiotics, and was basically monitored overnight.
I have been steadily feeling better over the last couple of days, and am back home now. Being sick when you're pregnant sucks, but I am so grateful that Camden is ok, and I am ok as well! My mom and dad took very good care of me, and of course Laila was thrilled to spend all kinds of time at Nana and Grampa's house :) She was happy to entertain me while I recovered, and always makes everything better!
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment