Chris and I left bright and early Monday morning, and made our first stop in Astoria, OR at The Goonie's house!!!!
I have to say I was quite tempted to do the "truffle shuffle" and yell "Hey you guuuuuys!" the whole time we were there, but we played it cool. It was so neat to see this iconic house, and it looks just like it did in the movie!
After geeking out for about 20 minutes, we made our way back to the car, and hit the road to the beach! We arrived around 4pm, and after checking into our adorable hotel made our way to Cannon Beach!
I couldn't get my toes in the water fast enough!
Chris and I ate at some amazing little restaurants, checked out the local shops and were blown away by how friendly the locals were. We also did a lot of laying around, which was so relaxing. Tuesday night we went to the movies and saw This is Where I Leave You which was so great, and I totally recommend it! We easily could've stayed another night, but sadly had to make our way back home. Plus I was dying to see my baby girl!We got back to Anacortes to go pick up Laila around 5pm on Wednesday, and I had visions of my girl doing her "turbo crawl" as fast as she could into my arms but to my absolute shock and hurt feelings, she was so mad at me! She literally wouldn't even look at me. She crawled right to Chris, and got super fussy and whiney for the next 45 minutes or so. I was so sad! Any of you other mamas experience this after leaving for a few days? I'm happy to report that she did get over it, and is back to being the mama's girl that she usually is, but O.M.G. Point taken Laila bug, point taken. ;) Never leave again...well...until mama needs another vacay ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment