Written on April 29, 2014
I never thought in a million trillion years I would be writing this post...but here I sit.... 5 weeks pregnant....naturally. No IVF, no drugs, no shots. I'm in total and utter shock. We hit the lottery. We were told we have less than a 2% of ever conceiving on our own. But we did :)
This little miracle baby will arrive when Laila is just 16 months old. OMG. Two under two...for 8 months! I will be 19 weeks pregnant on Laila's first birthday. Am I going to survive without losing my mind? Yes...I sure hope so! We couldn't be more thrilled.
Naturally, I'm being cautiously optimistic as we navigate our way through the first trimester, so I will be posting these late...but I wanted to capture how I was feeling as I go through this surprise blessing.
So, after 4 positive pregnancy tests, 3 rising beta blood tests, and an early ultrasound at our fertility clinic...we are officially pregnant and baby #2 is due to arrive Dec 30, 2014
How far along? 5 weeks
Weight gain: 0 lbs
Gender: I wish we could find out this early!
Cravings: No real cravings, but now that I can't have caffeinated coffee...it's all I want, all. day. long.
Maternity clothes: Not yet
Looking forward to: Actually being able to publish this post, and share this news with all of you!
NOT looking forward to: The morning sickness and first trimester yuck to kick in.
Getting Laila ready: Laila is just 8 months old, so she doesn't understand when we tell her she's going to be a big sister!
Getting our lives ready: A lot of our friends live about 45 minutes away, as well as my family so we are trying to figure out if it makes sense for us to move...because lets face it...mamas going to need all the help she can get!
Feeling: Shocked. Elated. Nervous. Scared. Thrilled. Apprehensive. Anxious. Like the luckiest girl in the world :)
* I will be posting one weekly update per day until we are all caught up :)



No comments:
Post a Comment