1. My 7 month old has officially decided that she no longer needs to sleep. She's decided that naps rock, but when it comes to bedtime, she is down for about two hours before the crying starts. What makes it even worse is it isn't just fussing...it's those big, sad crocodile tears that break my heart. I so wish she could just tell me what is wrong. I'll give her a pacifier, but as soon as it falls out of her mouth (about 45 minutes later), she's up again. I'll get her up and snuggle her back to sleep. But again, about 45 minutes later she's up again. Sensing a pattern? This cycle repeats approximately 8-12 times per night. Which means this mama (and her daddy) gets approximately 8-12 minutes of sleep. Last night was especially horrible and my sweet, understanding, amazing husband...at 2 am...was dealing with a crying baby and a crying wife. Both of his girls were in melt-down city. He swooped up Laila, gave me a kiss, and sent me to bed. Oh the bliss of uninterrupted sleep after 4 sleep deprived nights in a row. Husband of the year in my book :)
2. As hard as it is getting up so many times per night, it always makes me smile when our golden retriever Paisley wanders out of our bedroom...half asleep....and practically falls down at my feet with exhaustion while I'm rocking Laila back to sleep. Since Laila was born he has gotten up with us in the middle of the night every. single. time. Doggy (big brother) of the year in my book :)
3. I blogged about my Dohm sound machine in an earlier post...but it seems appropriate to include it in my 5 things today. I was thanking my lucky stars for that little white box last night.
4. I got a new computer!!! Woo Hoo! I have never had my own computer before, I feels so grown up! After a lot of research I decided on the HP Envy TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook. I'm going to be working from home in the near future, so I needed a lap top to take with me on my quest for peace and quiet :) Plus with my new found love for blogging, I'm in computer heaven.
5. I'm going to round out my first 5 on Friday post with a big THANK YOU to all of you bloggers out there. You've created such a friendly, supportive community and I'm having the best time finding my way around, and following along on all of your blogs :)
Thanks for having me! Happy Friday :)



No comments:
Post a Comment