Of course, I've been looking for the perfect little stuffed bunny to put in her basket but I've yet to find one. I plan on also stuffing it with other fun little toys, but more on that later ;) And of course finding the perfect Easter dress is on my to-do list as well!
Planning for holidays is so much fun with a little one! Especially now that she's getting older. It got me thinking of holiday traditions that we want to establish with Laila! When Chris was little, on Easter morning the Easter bunny would "hide" his basket and he would wake up in the morning and hunt for it! How fun is that?! I've also heard of people planting jelly beans, and on Easter morning they've grown into lollipops! Again, so fun! She's going to be too little to know what we're doing when we go wandering around the house looking for her basket come Easter morning, but that won't stop me! haha
One tradition that Chris and I have had since the first Christmas after we got married was cutting off the end of our Christmas tree stump, writing the year and whatever big things are happening, and saving them! This is such a fun tradition and I recommend it to everyone! Plus it makes for a fun decoration on my mantle :)
Speaking of mantles, if you've read my blog you have probably realized that I have a love for decorating my mantle. I have dreams of a new fireplace one day, as ours is old and dated but dressing it up for the holidays makes such a big difference! I have my mantle decked out for Spring already, but I'm going to add some Easter touches once it gets a little closer-this girl can't resist a good Easter Egg wreath!
This looks like such a fun DIY project I might have to attempt! We'll see...it might end up on the "Nailed It" humor board on Pinterest! haha
Hoppy Easter planning ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment