We are slowly phasing out the baby gear, for more big kid toys now that our girl is sitting up all the time now! I lovingly blogged about Laila's infant seat (aka Laila's recliner) that she loved so much, and she has officially outgrown it. I put her in it the other day, and this is how she sat in it ;)
Yup, time to put it away. I picked up her up, sat her on the floor instead, and she gave me this look that says, "See mommy, I'm a big girl!"
I thought I'd be so happy to get rid of some of the baby gear, but as things like this slowly disappear from our living room, I get a little sad. Yeah, I can't wait for her to hit more milestones and keep growing up like she is, but it's just such a reminder that it goes. so. fast.
My dear friend Melissa and her daughter Quinn came up for a girls day yesterday! Quinn is 14 months, so she was walking all over and exploring the house, which gave this mama a reality check that I really need to jump on the baby proofing train. After playing for awhile at the house, then a trip to Target (I love that store, in case you haven't noticed ;) we headed to lunch. We were quite the sight coming in with our girls. We set up shop and put the girls next to each other and they had so much fun flirting with the boys at the table next to us, sharing toys, playing footsie, and banging on the table.
I got a lot of great advice from Melissa about getting Laila to sleep through the night, as I have been getting up at least 10 times to put Laila's pacifier back in her mouth. The words CRY IT OUT terrified me. But...we decided to give it a try last night. I laid her down at 8:30pm pretty drowsy, and she fussed for a couple minutes, but she put herself to sleep!!! She woke up 2 more times throughout the night and we watched her on our video monitor...not even 5 minutes of crying, she was back to sleep. It's soooo hard not to jump up and come to the rescue at the first peep, but it worked. Thanks Melissa! I got more sleep last night than I've had in months. I feel like a new woman! Fingers crossed that it continues.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment